Be the change you want to see in the world...

Synopsis of Us

Lisa is au natural. She likes to have babies at home and drink slimy green liquids with large amounts of earth in them. She loves the quacks and we love her. If you are ailing, just call Lisa. She will doctor you up!

Melanie is a little bundle of energy. She's very peppy and always bouncing around. Do not drive with her. She tends to talk and visit and not watch the road. Cuts a mean hair-do!

Sarah is crazy! She loves Diet Pepsi (too much). The group photographer with many free photo shoots for her friends. Many questionable eating habits that we all ignore, hopefully they don't kill her.

Emily is an overachiever. She never sleeps and wakes up way too early so she can pratice music with her kids. She loves the earthy green drink too. Be careful, she will try to poison you with sugar-free goodies.

Jen is a dental hygienist. If you want to know which kind of gum to chew (to xylitol or not to xylitol, this is the question) she'll know.

Lana is full of crap! Literally, her house is full of crap! Yes, just stuff. If you ever need any random thing, pretty sure it's in her house... somewhere. Very competitive, don't coach children's athletics with her.

Adria is straightforward. She pretty much says it like it is. She is our community sex-ed advisor. Any questions, just ask her, she knows it all.

Marianne (one of the tall, leggy blonds) is amazing! She graduated from college while taking care of her four children and working to save the entire Chinese orphan population.

Marilyn is a perfectionist. She has to have everything at a ninety degree angle, if not, she's nervous. Hopefully this doesn't kill her. Likes to scrapbook, spends a large sum of money on this activity.

Stephanie (another tall, leggy blond) really likes to work out. Too much of a good thing is not a good thing. Nursing is her profession (not wet nursing).

Saturday, May 2, 2009

I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted. I guess no news is good news.


Emma got out of the hospital March 25, but had to be admitted again on April 1st. She had picked up RSV and had to be treated for it so it didn't get into her lungs and cause serious problems. We were there for a week. She had ribaviron breathing treatments three times a day and each treatment took about an hour and a half. She had to have a mask on and breath in medicine for that time. It was no fun.

Emma on Ribaviron
We got out of the hospital on the 9th and have been out ever since (knock on wood). We have loved being a Karma's house. It is perfectly comfortable and cozy and everyone around here is super helpful.


Popcorn Popping. Springtime at Karma's
The family came down on April 18th to celebrate Easter. We colored eggs, hid baskets and killed the dragonfly pinata. We invited over our cousins, Karen, Chris and their kids Tyler, Luke and Jarret for the pinata. My boys think that we have found some long-lost hidden treasure by introducing them to these new 2nd cousins. We played a lot of basketball and loved spending the weekend together. Kind of like a normal family. (That's what Ethan prays for all the time, that our family will be "normal again," as if we ever were.)





Karen making Emma's favorite deviled eggs.
Easter was a success!
Emma and I spend our days sleeping (oh, am I in heaven?) and doing whatever we please. She has about 20 pills to take a day and has to be hooked up to either food or fluids for 10-12 hours. We go to the clinic every Wednesday, sometimes to get a check up on her counts, etc., sometimes to get a bone marrow aspirate and spinal tap. On those days we swing by Meredith's house and visit with her or stop and get something to eat.

A few weeks ago we broke every rule (shhhhhh) by going to the Hannah Montana movie. I went on a Monday night because I figured most good Mormons would not go the movies for FHE. It was a good call as there were only 9 people in the theater. I anti-baced the seat and we sat alone. It was super fun and we felt like we had just eluded the doctor police.

We have, of course, been keeping up with our reality TV. We want the deaf kid/mom to win Amazing Race, Melissa to win DWTS (although we love Ty), Tara to win Biggest Loser (or Mike), Danny (although the weird makeup guy will win) to win Idol, and JT (or Taj) to win Survivor. We have it all figured out and spend serious amounts of time on the subject.

The hole house (Ty calls it this because it was a big hole) is coming along nicely. Jeff and his dad spend a lot of time out there getting it ready. Jeff said I should worry about his relationship with the new house as he spends more time with her than me and that he might possibly be in love with her. We should be moved in by the first of June! Mark my words people, the first of JUNE!

Of course, Emma and I won't be there, but hopefully we will not be far behind. We will most likely get to move back to Burley around the first of July! I am so excited and can hardly wait. I just have to keep reminding myself, "one day at a time." (Remember that show with Valerie Bertinelli and Schneider? Oh gracious!)

Thanks again for everything.
Did you know that Jeff and I don't ever pay for gas because an anonymous gas contributor meets us at Maverick to fill up our tanks every time we leave town?
Did you know that someone bought Emma a Christmas tree from the festival of trees and it still stands in my living room to this day?
Did you know that my dentist's wife is picking up Ty and taking that 4-year old to the dentist to get his teeth fixed, holding his little hand and giving him a treat when he's finished being brave?
Did you know that someone brings my family dinner (enough food to feed us for the entire week) every Friday and Sunday?
Did you know that Emma gets $5 from her Grandpa every time she is brave? It's her bravery money and Ty gets Donor Dollars.
Did you know that a friend sacrificed her ENTIRE Christmas and donated it to my family?
Did you know that I have a list a mile long of people I can call for AN-Y-THING?
Did you know that I can call Diane in the middle of the night and she'll pretend to be awake waiting for my call (you know, not an inconvenience) and talk to me for hours?
Did you know my Aunt Karma and Uncle Koyle donate their house to us and let us run the heat and call long distance and use the internet? We love our half-way house.
Did you know my cousins cleaned and polished my Aunt's house to get it prepared for us (as if it were dirty)?
Did you know that Heavenly Father listens to me and answers my prayers?
Did you know that there is not a day that goes by that Emma's (or mine or Jeff's or all of our family's) name is not on the temple prayer roll. Thanks to my temple worker peeps.
Did you know there are angels among us, each displayed and pronounced in a different, but very valuable way?
Did you know there are too many people and too many services rendered to count?
Thank you.
-Lana

Pea to the Ess. I thank my God upon every remembrance of
Y-O-U, yes, YOU! (Philippians 1:3)

14 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Lana! Both you and Emma are so strong and inspirational. It looks like you guys had a fun easter. I also love love love deviled eggs. And I am hooked on the Biggest Loser and also very much like Tara. Emma is looking super good. I am so glad that you know that are like a bajillion people that would do anything for Emma,You,and the rest of the family. I can hardly wait to cut my hair in July. It's going to be AMAZING!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
-Jessica
P.S. I'll try and post the basketball tournament pictures, I haven't really had time! School is crazy!

Jessica said...

I just read your comment on my blog. I am venturing out and playing softball, I haven't actually started but it should be fun. I've never done it before so... By the way it wasn't my fault the ball hit me in the head. I had the window open and Shelby told Trey that it would be funny if I got hit in the head just then. So of course, he tossed the ball and it hit the screen and then my forehead. Then again I probably could have just missed the ball and got knocked out. Ha Ha!

Marilyn said...

It is so good to finally hear from you! I wonder often how things are going and I don't get much of an update from "the girls". Emma is looking fabulous and happy. It is so good to see her smiling face! It is wonderful that you are able to spend some time as a real family again! How great to celebrate a rebirth of our Savior and one as well for your family. Best of luck on the move, I can't wait to see your house!

Adria said...

tears, tears, tears... I ran into Jeff the other day- no news is good news- hopefully we'll keep hearing no news, meaning everything is going well! I love and miss you everyday...

Ashley Wray said...

Man I miss the 2 of you! Thanks for the wonderful update! Love all the pics. Emma's looks so good, if anyone can look good bald, she sure can! It was good to chat with you for a few minutes the other day, can't wait until your back in Burley, just wish you were still going to be right across the street!

Jessica said...

SOOOO glad to hear that Emma is doing well and that you guys are being taken care of. I'm sitting her bawling over the list you made at the end. There truly are angels among us. Praying for you guys ALWAYS...
Jess

Kona & Jared Harper said...

Lana, you are amazing. I have only got to meet you a couple of times when i came to get the vinyl, but after meeting you and then hear about sweet emma that was in first grade when i worked at dworshak, you are a strong fighter with her. You and her have been in my prayers and i keep praying that things will go well.

With Love
Kona Harper

lishajeanne said...

I'm all phaklemped now. Talk amongst yourselves. I am so happy that everything is moving forward for Emma. We talk about her often and call A&S for weekly updates. You are a trooper. I admire your strength.

marianne said...

OH Lana, I LOVE you!

Emily said...

Ditto to what Marianne said!

crazyshelbs said...

Oh i missing my Emma so much!!!! I'm also very excited to cut my hair in july, its getting so long and driving me crazy if i wasn't waiting for you and Emma i'd say cut it NOW! well i love and miss you guys so much!!
-Shelby
p.s If the elevator tries to bring you down... go CRAZY!

steph said...

Thanks for the pics that I got in the mail. That seems like ages ago. You definitely have many angels looking out for you guys. Your list brought tears and it makes me happy to see so many acts of goodness. I am so glad you guys got to escape to a movie. You have both been so patient with everything. Hope to see you soon.

karlin said...

Thanks for coming on Sunday. I was so glad you were there so I could hear your witty comments. Love you! and Emma looks great... I hope and pray she didn't get sick.

Jill Heaps said...

Lana,
I couldn't help but cry as I read your post! I have been living the same life and receiving so many blessings. I know this is Gods way of telling us we are not alone! just know that we are praying for Emma and your family. I hope everyday gets better for her. Keep up with your amazing attitude! Jill Heaps