Be the change you want to see in the world...

Synopsis of Us

Lisa is au natural. She likes to have babies at home and drink slimy green liquids with large amounts of earth in them. She loves the quacks and we love her. If you are ailing, just call Lisa. She will doctor you up!

Melanie is a little bundle of energy. She's very peppy and always bouncing around. Do not drive with her. She tends to talk and visit and not watch the road. Cuts a mean hair-do!

Sarah is crazy! She loves Diet Pepsi (too much). The group photographer with many free photo shoots for her friends. Many questionable eating habits that we all ignore, hopefully they don't kill her.

Emily is an overachiever. She never sleeps and wakes up way too early so she can pratice music with her kids. She loves the earthy green drink too. Be careful, she will try to poison you with sugar-free goodies.

Jen is a dental hygienist. If you want to know which kind of gum to chew (to xylitol or not to xylitol, this is the question) she'll know.

Lana is full of crap! Literally, her house is full of crap! Yes, just stuff. If you ever need any random thing, pretty sure it's in her house... somewhere. Very competitive, don't coach children's athletics with her.

Adria is straightforward. She pretty much says it like it is. She is our community sex-ed advisor. Any questions, just ask her, she knows it all.

Marianne (one of the tall, leggy blonds) is amazing! She graduated from college while taking care of her four children and working to save the entire Chinese orphan population.

Marilyn is a perfectionist. She has to have everything at a ninety degree angle, if not, she's nervous. Hopefully this doesn't kill her. Likes to scrapbook, spends a large sum of money on this activity.

Stephanie (another tall, leggy blond) really likes to work out. Too much of a good thing is not a good thing. Nursing is her profession (not wet nursing).

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Fools Gold Review

I feel honored at being appointed to conduct the official review of Fools Gold. Before beginning the review I must admit that Matthew Mconohey, hey hey, whatever his last name might be is steaming hot. So now that point is out of the way and completely understood we can get on with a detailed review. Basically if you are going to see him, it is worth the 6 bucks or whatever it costs to get in. Wild hair, fit bod, no shoes, no shirt no service. Plus it's always cool seeing some hot guy with some semi-hot women searching for sunken treasure. Especially when they end up finding it (oh did I spoil the movie by saying that?) (If any of you ever go to a treasure movie not knowing whether or not they find the treasure, you have no business going to a treasure movie). So firstly the reason why it has taken me til 11:00 this morning to get the review started is that I had to repent all night for not walking out on the show. Then after that didn't do any good I had to visit my bishop. Still feeling dirty, I went to mass this morning and confessed to the local catholic priest, did some hail mary's and decided to start lent a little early this year. Now I am feeling clear headed enough to write. First of all I didn't know that I could see pure naked women from the waist up in a PG-13 movie. My bad. Guess i should see more movies. It took me a few seconds to realize what I just saw because it came out of nowhere. Not real classy. So when Matt gets rescued the first time by the party boat, make sure you close your eyes. Second of all I don't think I've heard that much swearing since Emily and Lana told of their adventure with the Shit Damn Hell lady in Utah. Wow, my ears are still ringing. At least we almost got a glimpse of Matt naked as a jail bird. So basically we see a side view and a back view. Not quite frontal but pretty darn close. Just enough to get the blood flowing. So now that my confession is complete let's say that the premise was interesting, the violence not too bad and of course there is the treasure and when, how, where they find it. The Ukranian side kick is pretty funny. The best part of the whole movie though was seeing the little 8 or 9 year old kids in the movie being exposed such uplifting, moral building entertainment. Got to love the parents who don't screen those kind of movies for their kids. Pretty sure I don't want my 9 year old boy seeing some bikini clad girl exposing her breasts to the general populous of the world. It's not like boys don't come to this earth with enough testosterone and sexual curiosity as it is. I am pretty sure that if i were to see that as a teenager, while at the movies with another girl that it would have peeked (spelling error on purpose. Pun intended) my curiosity to wondering what was lying under my date's partly see through shirt with a red bra underneath. I think what we need is more teenager sexual encounters and pregnancies to stablize our ........ (am I getting off on a political tangent in a movie review? somebody stop me please!!!). anyway I am sure that most of the visitors to this blog are female and pretty much want to go to the movie to see hot Matt, so you will not be disappointed. However, make sure you cover your hubby's eyes when the party speed boat picks up matt out of the ocean (that is after they throw him the brewed beverage and he fumbles with drinking it and it fills with sea water). I give it 5 stars for matt's body, 3.5 stars for his female counterpart, 2 stars for the dumb rich girl, 3.5 stars for the action, 4 stars for the beautiful oceanography, 2.5 stars for the bad guy, 4 stars for the treasure theme, etc. and 5 stars for coming home after and eating chocolate icecream with fudge chunks in it and snuggling in bed with my hot 6 star wife (can you get 6 stars?).
First time movie critic: Brek

7 comments:

Extraordinary Housewife said...

You do realize you are giving 5 star ratings on another Male, and the way you talked about his hot body, I about fell off my chair when I got to the end and saw this signed by Brek. Anyone else get confused?

marianne said...

No way Lana, he DOES wear pink! I am in no way insiuating any awkward preferences, just pointing out he is comfortable enough with himself to be in touch with his (or our) feminine side!! J/K
Mare Mall

Extraordinary Housewife said...

This is Lana. (I didn't post the first post). Anyway, the movie was fun and hilarious, just had some parts that needed to be screened out. I hate that. What did you guys think of the movie? By the way Brek, lent started last Wednesday. LANA

Sarah Stokes said...

The movie was alright. I was not impressed with Matt's hair though. He has definetely been in better shows, shows which make him more appealing to the women! Mare, were you there last night? Steph and I were but we were in like the 3rd row, it was a full house! Has inyone seen the movie Into the Blue ( Paul walker, Jessica Alba) anywho, this movie has almost the exact story line as that one.

marianne said...

No,
I ended up staying home with my Jack. Kai and Jarrod are out of town(not together) so he was feeling a little glum so we popped popcorn and rented The Rock,, I mean.... Game Plan. He was yummy,,, I mean it was good. I think I'll go now!
Mare Mall

steph said...

I thought the movie was okay. You could probably guess that by how long it has taken me to respond. I did enjoy seeing Mathew's hot bod - not so much the hair. What ever happened to the movies P.S. I love you. It was here not even a week. Did anyone see it?0

Chelsie said...

This is chelsie...Ems sister. First I just have to say that this blog is hilarious. Lana I love your zit! You kill me I have decided that you should be a stand up comedian and I will be your groupie. Second, brek I am a little scared that you are giving guys 5 stars and talking about teenage girls with see through shirts and red bras!hahaha. I saw p.s. I love you. Very sad movie ,but it has really good parts too! A couple of parts ( I think 2) that could have been screened, but it is one of those ultimate chick flick movies that you should see. Its definitley a rental.