Be the change you want to see in the world...

Synopsis of Us

Lisa is au natural. She likes to have babies at home and drink slimy green liquids with large amounts of earth in them. She loves the quacks and we love her. If you are ailing, just call Lisa. She will doctor you up!

Melanie is a little bundle of energy. She's very peppy and always bouncing around. Do not drive with her. She tends to talk and visit and not watch the road. Cuts a mean hair-do!

Sarah is crazy! She loves Diet Pepsi (too much). The group photographer with many free photo shoots for her friends. Many questionable eating habits that we all ignore, hopefully they don't kill her.

Emily is an overachiever. She never sleeps and wakes up way too early so she can pratice music with her kids. She loves the earthy green drink too. Be careful, she will try to poison you with sugar-free goodies.

Jen is a dental hygienist. If you want to know which kind of gum to chew (to xylitol or not to xylitol, this is the question) she'll know.

Lana is full of crap! Literally, her house is full of crap! Yes, just stuff. If you ever need any random thing, pretty sure it's in her house... somewhere. Very competitive, don't coach children's athletics with her.

Adria is straightforward. She pretty much says it like it is. She is our community sex-ed advisor. Any questions, just ask her, she knows it all.

Marianne (one of the tall, leggy blonds) is amazing! She graduated from college while taking care of her four children and working to save the entire Chinese orphan population.

Marilyn is a perfectionist. She has to have everything at a ninety degree angle, if not, she's nervous. Hopefully this doesn't kill her. Likes to scrapbook, spends a large sum of money on this activity.

Stephanie (another tall, leggy blond) really likes to work out. Too much of a good thing is not a good thing. Nursing is her profession (not wet nursing).

Thursday, March 6, 2008



So today as I was getting dressed, throwing on a pair of jeans that seemed a bit tighter than the last time I wore them, I decided my jeans have way too much power over me! They can make me feel great about myself on a particular day, or they can make me feel like I need to go on a diet!

Don't you love it when you put on a pair of jeans and they are a little loose or baggy on you...for sure a little bit looser (is looser a word?) than the last time you wore them? Of course, I never take into account the fact that I have probably worn the jeans at least 5 times without washing them, and each time I wear them, they stretch out a bit more. I just think to myself, "Yeah! That exercising is paying off! These pants are getting baggy on me. I might even need to wear a belt." (Never mind the fact that I may feel compelled to wear a belt because my jeans are sitting BELOW my gut!)

However, a few days later I may put on the same pair of jeans AFTER washing them and feel like crying when I can barely squeeze myself into them! I will feel guilty every time I eat anything less than healthy, thinking to myself....that's not going to help me fit into these jeans better!

Ok, so I don't really stress that much over it once I walk out of my closet, but I do think it's funny how I may feel cute or not cute depending on the way my jeans fit me! So I have come to the conclusion that I will just never wash my jeans! Just Kidding!--Emily

8 comments:

marianne said...

Yea Emily! It took you this long to figure out that strategy?? I haven't done laundry for years!! Uh I mean washed my jeans in days!!
Marianne
PS You are psycho of you think one thing about you isn't totally adorable and wonderful. So "WHATEVER"

Sarah Stokes said...

OOoooohhhh EMILY!!! You are crazy, you couldn't look fat on a bad day! But I do agree, there are those days that your whole entire closet will consume you, set the mood for the day, and change your appetite for a week.

marianne said...

You are both so beautiful you should be ashamed of yourself. Body image distortion? Never heard of it.....
Mare-the queen of "does this make my Butt look big.?"

Extraordinary Housewife said...

Hilarious and true, so true! -Lana

steph said...

Very funny but true! Emily, I don't think you could ever have a "big girl" day not even when you are pregnant. I do have to say I hate having to crouch and stretch out my pants after they have been washed. Have you ever tried lying on the bed so you can pull them on with a nice flat stomach.

Unknown said...

Hilarious Steph! I forgot about crouching, but I have definitely been there! And the laying down trick also works, until you stand up and can barely breathe! Oh, the things we do!

Emily said...

OK, that was not Brek who commented, but me. I am not sure why I was signed in as Brek, and I am pretty sure he would have no clue what we were talking about, and think we're all nuts!

Marilyn said...

Emily, I'm sorry but I feel no pity for you! ha ha! If I could get one leg into your jeans I would feel great! I agree with Steph, I would love to look like you on your worst pregnant day! I guess until that happens, I'll keep eating chocolate chip cookies and all the other delicious desserts I can find. Needless to say... my jeans are fitting much tighter these days. Don't worry, I'll eat my way out of the depression of the tight pants!