Be the change you want to see in the world...

Synopsis of Us

Lisa is au natural. She likes to have babies at home and drink slimy green liquids with large amounts of earth in them. She loves the quacks and we love her. If you are ailing, just call Lisa. She will doctor you up!

Melanie is a little bundle of energy. She's very peppy and always bouncing around. Do not drive with her. She tends to talk and visit and not watch the road. Cuts a mean hair-do!

Sarah is crazy! She loves Diet Pepsi (too much). The group photographer with many free photo shoots for her friends. Many questionable eating habits that we all ignore, hopefully they don't kill her.

Emily is an overachiever. She never sleeps and wakes up way too early so she can pratice music with her kids. She loves the earthy green drink too. Be careful, she will try to poison you with sugar-free goodies.

Jen is a dental hygienist. If you want to know which kind of gum to chew (to xylitol or not to xylitol, this is the question) she'll know.

Lana is full of crap! Literally, her house is full of crap! Yes, just stuff. If you ever need any random thing, pretty sure it's in her house... somewhere. Very competitive, don't coach children's athletics with her.

Adria is straightforward. She pretty much says it like it is. She is our community sex-ed advisor. Any questions, just ask her, she knows it all.

Marianne (one of the tall, leggy blonds) is amazing! She graduated from college while taking care of her four children and working to save the entire Chinese orphan population.

Marilyn is a perfectionist. She has to have everything at a ninety degree angle, if not, she's nervous. Hopefully this doesn't kill her. Likes to scrapbook, spends a large sum of money on this activity.

Stephanie (another tall, leggy blond) really likes to work out. Too much of a good thing is not a good thing. Nursing is her profession (not wet nursing).

Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Break My Foot!

HELP! I am trapped here with six children who are trying to take over my life and they're succeeding. It is spring break, but it's freezing, I mean frigid out there. So, I can't send them outside. And... apparently we are the only people not going anywhere for spring break (so, consequently there is no one to play with). We have played dominoes about 3,012,359 times and we've watched every movie in our dvd library. Hey, maybe we'll go to the library. Not a bad idea. Also there's a rated G movie at the theater. Has anyone seen College Roadtrip? Is it even worth the money? Nevermind, two hours of entertainment, any entertainment is worth the money. I can't believe I'm ranting like this and it's only Monday.
It's just begun!
Any ideas for fun spring break projects, post them here. I'm desperate... these little people are cutting off my life support.... Help
This is where I want to be...



This is where I am...


Me with my goat...



-Lana




8 comments:

Marilyn said...

not that the weather here is any better but at least there are things to do here. You should come to IF and visit. We have Leo's Place that is a lot like chuck e cheeses (only the food is better here) My kids love going there to play laser tag. We'll be in the same boat next week with our Spring Break. Could you arrange some better weather cuz we are coming up there?!

steph said...

I so hear you! We are stuck here too. To close of quarters. I read all these articles yesterday in the Ensigns etc. on how to control temper, not yell, etc. Well, I vowed to give it a shot. I made it until about 2 pm and then lost it. I had to lock myself in my room. It was kind of quiet until the kids found me and started banging on my locked door.

marianne said...

I hear ya! Lana you are soooo hilarious! I say we have at least one girls night this week to break things up! I'm taking my little ones to see Horton Hears a Who tonight. Wish me luck........ there are two of them.....little devils that I swear WILL kill me by the end of the day. My Dad was here for a quick visit and he kind of witnessed the insanity at my house first hand again . Needless to say when he left he was in tears.... probably for joy that he got to leave!! Just kidding , but I thought it was funny that his parting words, were, "Don't worry,, they DO grow up". And off he went!
Marianne

marianne said...

Marilyn,
We are trying to put together a trip up to your house/temple/birthday dinner. What day would be best for you?
Mare

Emily said...

I've known you all this time and never knew you had a goat!! You learn something new everyday. I think in your new house you should build in indoor basketball court in your basement. Then we'll be set come next spring break! No big deal, right? Honestly, you are hilarious! In my house, the game being played for the millionth time is UNO. Maybe we should try "CEEJ's" trick--bundle them up, throw them outside, and lock the doors. Then blow them kisses through the window!

p.s. Steph, I had a good laugh envisioning you locking yourself in your bedroom!

Marilyn said...

Hey all, I am coming up there next week so if it works for you, maybe we could all get together for lunch or a girls night or something. I really appreciate you remembering my birthday even though I don't live there anymore. You guys are the best!

Steph and Sarah, I hope you made it home okay last night. I was still awake at 1:30 and thought about calling to make sure you didn't fall asleep on the way home. I had a really hard time sleeping after all the laughs and talking. Thanks for coming!!

marianne said...

HELLO! WHY DIDN'T i KNOW ABOUT THIS TRIP?? I guess I am home with sick kiddos. Kai was in the ER this morning with croup. He probably would have died if I wasn't there! Don't laugh! Jarrod doesn't have a clue!
Mare
ps.... Mare we want to come up Friday if we are well. Is that ok? Call me

Jen said...

I'm reading this like 10 days after you wrote it but almost peed my pants. Loved the pictures.