Be the change you want to see in the world...

Synopsis of Us

Lisa is au natural. She likes to have babies at home and drink slimy green liquids with large amounts of earth in them. She loves the quacks and we love her. If you are ailing, just call Lisa. She will doctor you up!

Melanie is a little bundle of energy. She's very peppy and always bouncing around. Do not drive with her. She tends to talk and visit and not watch the road. Cuts a mean hair-do!

Sarah is crazy! She loves Diet Pepsi (too much). The group photographer with many free photo shoots for her friends. Many questionable eating habits that we all ignore, hopefully they don't kill her.

Emily is an overachiever. She never sleeps and wakes up way too early so she can pratice music with her kids. She loves the earthy green drink too. Be careful, she will try to poison you with sugar-free goodies.

Jen is a dental hygienist. If you want to know which kind of gum to chew (to xylitol or not to xylitol, this is the question) she'll know.

Lana is full of crap! Literally, her house is full of crap! Yes, just stuff. If you ever need any random thing, pretty sure it's in her house... somewhere. Very competitive, don't coach children's athletics with her.

Adria is straightforward. She pretty much says it like it is. She is our community sex-ed advisor. Any questions, just ask her, she knows it all.

Marianne (one of the tall, leggy blonds) is amazing! She graduated from college while taking care of her four children and working to save the entire Chinese orphan population.

Marilyn is a perfectionist. She has to have everything at a ninety degree angle, if not, she's nervous. Hopefully this doesn't kill her. Likes to scrapbook, spends a large sum of money on this activity.

Stephanie (another tall, leggy blond) really likes to work out. Too much of a good thing is not a good thing. Nursing is her profession (not wet nursing).

Monday, February 16, 2009

And They're Off


Well Emma and I are off to the great Salt Lake City, Utah (doesn't she look so excited to be going?). I really do love Primary Children's. They do their best to make things comfortable, but it's not an easy thing to do.

I have shopped around (lots of spare time) and have found the two best rooms on ICS (immunocompromised services) which is where we will be living for approximately 6 weeks.
And the winners are... Room 4404 and Room 4421. Both of these rooms have a couch (faux leather of course) which is better than a chair that folds out into a cot (besides I like the retro yellow color). I have great hopes that I will get one of these rooms as I have kissed so many charge nurses' fannies that I'm planning on getting whatever I want. It is my talent you know.

So... we have more of this...


and this... (the glow sticks were a big hit)


and less of this...


and this...


Please wish us lots of luck and offer many prayers. We need them so desperately.

Emma's class has sent her many cards and well wishes and this is one that has stuck in my mind. We are headed into a very dark time, but there will be light again.



I'll keep you posted.

-Lana

9 comments:

crazyshelbs said...

love the pictures its good to just see her! love you guys! i'll miss you!

The Masoners said...

I've been thinking and praying for you and Emma and Ty (Emily told me today about his procedure :-( ). I'll say a prayer, send positive energy, cross my fingers (and toes), knock on wood, light a candle, or whatever else I think to do for good luck! We will have success! We've put it out there!

Love to you both!
~Adria

Ashley Wray said...

We'll be sending lots of love and prayers your way! Just like the card says, the sun will come out sometime! Hope your fannie kissing pays off and you get the best rooms, you sure do deserve it! Good luck, we sure do love you guys!

Adele said...

I love patients who fannie kiss... Oh I'm just kidding. Good luck with getting those rooms! Good luck these next couple weeks! We are all thinking about you guys and praying for you! That card is wonderful and the sun really will come out again! Love you guys!

marianne said...

Lana and Emma,
You will be carried through this by the BIG MAN upsatirs I know that. He loves you even more than we do and that my friend is alot!
BY the way, Jonah said we need to get Emma "pretty treat" because Emma is so cute! I agree wholeheartedly! Lana, we will do whatever you need here in Burley and will see you in SLC too! Loves from the Mallorys!
Mare

Kresta said...

Good luck with everything guys. I know that you have more than luck on your side. We love you so much and still pray for you every day. Keep believing.

Hugs and Kisses and Best Wishes,
Kresta and Co.

Abby said...

I'm bummed I couldn't see you guys last weekend, but please know I am thinking about you and praying for you like crazy.

Emily said...

You....a fannie kisser????

I would have to say you are more than a fannie kisser, you are THE fannie kisser (as in the best eva'!)

I hope it pays of this time around!

Melanie Page said...

Lana its good to see Emma smiling. She is such a rock and I know she is being watched over with many angels and prayers. I'm really hopeing you get that awesome room. We love you and want you to know we are here for you and your family. Give Emma lots of kisses and hugs.