Be the change you want to see in the world...

Synopsis of Us

Lisa is au natural. She likes to have babies at home and drink slimy green liquids with large amounts of earth in them. She loves the quacks and we love her. If you are ailing, just call Lisa. She will doctor you up!

Melanie is a little bundle of energy. She's very peppy and always bouncing around. Do not drive with her. She tends to talk and visit and not watch the road. Cuts a mean hair-do!

Sarah is crazy! She loves Diet Pepsi (too much). The group photographer with many free photo shoots for her friends. Many questionable eating habits that we all ignore, hopefully they don't kill her.

Emily is an overachiever. She never sleeps and wakes up way too early so she can pratice music with her kids. She loves the earthy green drink too. Be careful, she will try to poison you with sugar-free goodies.

Jen is a dental hygienist. If you want to know which kind of gum to chew (to xylitol or not to xylitol, this is the question) she'll know.

Lana is full of crap! Literally, her house is full of crap! Yes, just stuff. If you ever need any random thing, pretty sure it's in her house... somewhere. Very competitive, don't coach children's athletics with her.

Adria is straightforward. She pretty much says it like it is. She is our community sex-ed advisor. Any questions, just ask her, she knows it all.

Marianne (one of the tall, leggy blonds) is amazing! She graduated from college while taking care of her four children and working to save the entire Chinese orphan population.

Marilyn is a perfectionist. She has to have everything at a ninety degree angle, if not, she's nervous. Hopefully this doesn't kill her. Likes to scrapbook, spends a large sum of money on this activity.

Stephanie (another tall, leggy blond) really likes to work out. Too much of a good thing is not a good thing. Nursing is her profession (not wet nursing).

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My New Zip Code 83411

Mount Timpanogos Courtesy cjane

Emma and I are still here in Utah. You know it was never my goal to live in Utah. Being born and raised in Idaho required you to have a small disdain for the Wasatch Front. Not that I didn't love to visit and not that I didn't love many people known as Utes or Zoobies, but I was perfectly happy in my own little zion (and they say Utah is zion?! Please~!) However I am enjoying many Utah advantages. I am minutes away from Gateway Plaza (I love, love, love the Apple Mac store) and Trolley Square. I can grab a Cafe Rio pork salad every day if I wanted, but what's the point... it's not home!

Many of you have asked for our address in Utah (pathetic that I have an address here). Emma does love letters and getting mail here at the hospital. It really boosts her day and we hang things all over her room. So anytime you want to drop her a line, feel free:

Primary Children's Medical Center

c/o ICS Emma Gibbons

100 N Mario Capecchi Dr

Salt Lake City UT 84113

I am happy to report that for this weekend this will (most likely) not be our address.


After transfusions and medications and lots and lots of prayers, her counts finally came up. The ANC (absolute neutrofil count, don't know if I'm spelling it right) has to be between 1.5 and 8.0. Since January 26 it has basically been non- existent, AKA zero! Well a miracle has happened and today it is up to 2.2. Also, she hasn't had any Tylenol in two days and has kept her fever at bay. I talked to the doctors and they expect her to go home early Friday. This would really bouy her up as she has to be back on Monday 2/9 and a few days home would do her soul good.
Thanks for all of your prayers. Keep them coming. I'm trying not to jinx things, but I really hope to be home this weekend.
Thanks for everything.
-Lana

8 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

I would rather your zip code be 83318, but if you can at least get that zip for a few days, we'll call it good!
So glad to hear that things are getting better and that hopefully you'll get a few days at home before heading back down to SLC. Thanks for the address, we will for sure be sending a few things your way! You're all in our praters always!

Ashley Wray said...

and praters is the new slang for prayers, just in case you were wondering :)

karlin said...

Lana, dang! You are still here? I hadn't heard from you I just assumed that you were released by now. I'm so sorry but VERY glad to hear the GOOD news. Good luck. You are in our prayers and thoughts everyday.

Emily said...

Yeahhhhh! Come home soon!

Extraordinary Housewife said...

Karlin:
Released? It sounds like I'm in prison.

Actually I kinda feel like I am.

-Lana

steph said...

Hooray!! We miss you guys.

Jennifer said...

Hi Lana,
My name is Jennifer Keller, I am Stephanie's SIL in California. I have been keeping track of Emma and your family through this site and have sent prayers your way. I thought you might be interested in my friend Christy's information as her daughter Eliza (6) is recently in remission from her Leukemia diagnosis three years ago. She is a wonderful person: kind, compassionate, funny, loving, and recently the new primary president of her ward. She may be a good person to talk to since she has gone through many of the same experiences with her daughter. She told me she would love to hear from you. I would love to give you the information via email so that it would be a little more private. My email address is jenniferkeller3@gmail.com. Let me know if you are interested. I guess I could also ask Stephanie for your email address. ANyway, I hope this helps and really hope Emma gets to go home this weekend.

marianne said...

Hot dog!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy to hear your voice yesterday as ironically, I was in Utah wondering if it was a good time to stop by and see Emma and you, but you were actually driving by my house in Idaho heading to the house to show Emma her new rockin' room!! YEAHHHHHHH!! Welcome home friend! Even if it's only for a couple days, it will be such a treat for everyone!!
LUVS from the Mallorys