Be the change you want to see in the world...

Synopsis of Us

Lisa is au natural. She likes to have babies at home and drink slimy green liquids with large amounts of earth in them. She loves the quacks and we love her. If you are ailing, just call Lisa. She will doctor you up!

Melanie is a little bundle of energy. She's very peppy and always bouncing around. Do not drive with her. She tends to talk and visit and not watch the road. Cuts a mean hair-do!

Sarah is crazy! She loves Diet Pepsi (too much). The group photographer with many free photo shoots for her friends. Many questionable eating habits that we all ignore, hopefully they don't kill her.

Emily is an overachiever. She never sleeps and wakes up way too early so she can pratice music with her kids. She loves the earthy green drink too. Be careful, she will try to poison you with sugar-free goodies.

Jen is a dental hygienist. If you want to know which kind of gum to chew (to xylitol or not to xylitol, this is the question) she'll know.

Lana is full of crap! Literally, her house is full of crap! Yes, just stuff. If you ever need any random thing, pretty sure it's in her house... somewhere. Very competitive, don't coach children's athletics with her.

Adria is straightforward. She pretty much says it like it is. She is our community sex-ed advisor. Any questions, just ask her, she knows it all.

Marianne (one of the tall, leggy blonds) is amazing! She graduated from college while taking care of her four children and working to save the entire Chinese orphan population.

Marilyn is a perfectionist. She has to have everything at a ninety degree angle, if not, she's nervous. Hopefully this doesn't kill her. Likes to scrapbook, spends a large sum of money on this activity.

Stephanie (another tall, leggy blond) really likes to work out. Too much of a good thing is not a good thing. Nursing is her profession (not wet nursing).

Friday, March 27, 2009

Cute Boy.....has a family

This beautiful peice of art sums it all up perfectly............ It is called "The Worth of a Soul"

Ok girls, remember this cute boy I was worried about? I posted his picture on this blog a couple of months ago? ( I had to take it down because it is forbidden by his birth country to post it) Well, some of you know HE HAS A FAMILY!!!..... and they are among US!! No, it's not me ,but I am thrilled to say that after much work and prayer and more work AND MORE PRAYER,, his family has done all the paperwork and been officially declared as the lucky family to proceed with his adoption. I can't put into words how happy I am that this child of God gets to grow up in a family and not in the streets. I am thrilled he has a kindhearted, beautiful Momma to care for him instead of a nanny at night when he needs a drink of water. I can't wait to see him grow up nearby(YEA!!!!!!!!!!!) AND do all the things local kids do like go to the Cassia County Fair, go to our own little Storybook Park, go pick out a treat at Maverick.......get all dressed up on Sunday for church, drive his sisters crazy, and love on his forever family. All the things we and our families take for granted. You know, the list could go on forever! Miracles happen every day and this is one of them!!!

So, now it's time we support this little guy in a real way....... I want to have a Pasta Pig Out! I want to have a huge dinner in honor of this family and in honor of him. They have had to take a real leap of faith to do this ( financially and otherwise) and have been determined to bring him home no matter the sacrifice. This makes me cry! They have sold some pretty big items already to help get their little guy home and still have a long way to go in a short amount of time. SO .......let's try to help raise the 7,000 orphanage donation that will be mandatory. I know this sounds like an insane amount of money... but think about it! If just half the residents of Burley gave 2.00 each ,that would do it! The cost of the adoption is way higher than this goal, but we can do THIS. His birth country is very strict about not putting his info on the internet, so I am not even posting where he is from, or his name but we all know we want to help so it doesn't much matter. All that matters is we get him home! So, I am throwing a huge pasta pig out where we all can have a great dinner and visit. I will have a whole array of fun things to auction off and lots of food:) The cost to get in will be way cheaper than taking the family out to a restaurant and WAY more fun! SO STAY TUNED! THIS WILL HAPPEN IN A COUPLE WEEKS! I will keep you posted. If you would like to help, please call me! We need helpers with food and donations for the silent auction. I am donating some food coaching and some food coach meals. Yummy!

We will also donate sod. If you have any service or gift to donate it will be so great!
Other ideas for the silent auction are
gift baskets
hair cuts
airline miles ( wait, she might need those to go get him:)
babysitting
house cleaning
gift certificates from local stores


It is so fun witness something so wonderful like this sweet boy coming home! It's bigger than you and me and it's an honor to be a part of it! My email is marem@safelink.net


LUVS


Mare M.

10 comments:

marianne said...

Oh, we can also make our very most decadent cakes and cookies and auction them off! I know people who would pay good money for my Aunt Kerry's chocolate bundt cake......... you know who you are!!
Marianne

Marilyn said...

And just who would you be talking about?!?!?! Wasn't that my one request in the hospital after Conner was born? I'll have you know, my kids have asked for that cake every year for their birthdays. Count me in Mare! I will donate some cute cards or layouts....or both! You're awesome!

marianne said...

I know! You got it! I will keep you posted and we'd LOVE some cards or layout/ or both to auction off!!Good thing it's a silent auction.. or it might get LOUD fighting over those!! You are so talented that way and I know you just hate sitting down and putting those things together..

Marilyn said...

yes, such a chore to sit in my well-stocked office and make myself come up with something creative. If I didn't have a family, I could be lost in there for days!

Extraordinary Housewife said...

I'm not sure what I can do, but I'm sure it's something. Count me in and be thinking of something I can donate. Let me know.
Lana

Emily said...

Count me in as well Mare. Let me know how I can help you with the prep work. And I would be happy to donate something...any ideas?

marianne said...

Well, actually I think Lana should do "Stand Up" at the dinner so maybe we can get Jeff to go down so we can exploit the talents of Lana!!!!!!!! Seriously, have you heard so much humor come out of tragedy? Lana is so amazing! Hi Emma.......

Melanie Page said...

Count me in also Mare.You know what I'm good at donating.Thats a mean hairdo.Hey how come I've never had Aunt Kerry's chocolate bundt cake.

marianne said...

Cuz........ wellll I don't know! That MUST be changed! One cake coming up! Maybe it will get you in labor!!
mare

steph said...

I am in too for whatever! I can help make pasta and throw it on the wall to see if it is done!