Be the change you want to see in the world...

Synopsis of Us

Lisa is au natural. She likes to have babies at home and drink slimy green liquids with large amounts of earth in them. She loves the quacks and we love her. If you are ailing, just call Lisa. She will doctor you up!

Melanie is a little bundle of energy. She's very peppy and always bouncing around. Do not drive with her. She tends to talk and visit and not watch the road. Cuts a mean hair-do!

Sarah is crazy! She loves Diet Pepsi (too much). The group photographer with many free photo shoots for her friends. Many questionable eating habits that we all ignore, hopefully they don't kill her.

Emily is an overachiever. She never sleeps and wakes up way too early so she can pratice music with her kids. She loves the earthy green drink too. Be careful, she will try to poison you with sugar-free goodies.

Jen is a dental hygienist. If you want to know which kind of gum to chew (to xylitol or not to xylitol, this is the question) she'll know.

Lana is full of crap! Literally, her house is full of crap! Yes, just stuff. If you ever need any random thing, pretty sure it's in her house... somewhere. Very competitive, don't coach children's athletics with her.

Adria is straightforward. She pretty much says it like it is. She is our community sex-ed advisor. Any questions, just ask her, she knows it all.

Marianne (one of the tall, leggy blonds) is amazing! She graduated from college while taking care of her four children and working to save the entire Chinese orphan population.

Marilyn is a perfectionist. She has to have everything at a ninety degree angle, if not, she's nervous. Hopefully this doesn't kill her. Likes to scrapbook, spends a large sum of money on this activity.

Stephanie (another tall, leggy blond) really likes to work out. Too much of a good thing is not a good thing. Nursing is her profession (not wet nursing).

Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Pros and Cons

I've decided to make a list of the pros and cons here at Primary Children's Medical Center.

Pro: Dwelling in room 4421 AKA the room with the "retro-yellow, faux leather couch." (You can't just say couch, it comes as a package deal.)
Con: Waking up every 20 minutes in which case you remember every cock-eyed dream you've ever had. Which even if it's a good dream, it becomes a nightmare.

Pro: Not having to cook, prepare or clean up any food.
Con: Hospital food.

Pro: Having a housekeeper come in twice a day to clean.
Con: Can you die from the smell of bleach?

Pro: Having cable TV
Con: Not having any of the normal TV channels like HGTV or Lifetime (I'm a sucker for Lifetime), but we do have Disney Channel. Oh gracious!

Pro: Calling the staff whenever we need assistance.
Con: That dam (Oops, I did it again. Yes that is Britney Spears and you should be ashamed that you know that.) beeping noise!

Pro: Seeing those beautiful Utah mountains everyday.
Con: They aren't my mountains.

Pro: MORPHINE (It really has saved our life. She's in hardly any pain.)
Con: A daughter who's not always "there." One minute she wants to do something by herself and the next minute she's crying because I'm not helping her. I guess she's just a sloppy drunk.

Pro: Everyone here is so nice and really wants to help.
Con: I am never alone. (You know I like my alone.)

Pro: Parent accommodations.
Con: Hair in the showers. (If you threw up just a little bit right now, I am sorry, and I promise I will not say anymore on the subject.)

Pro: Fantastically wonderful things happen to me everyday.
Con: Trials!

Sometimes it's almost worth it. The Pros of life out way the Cons any day!

Thanks for EVERYTHING.

-Lana

5 comments:

Emily said...

Pro: Internet and cell phones so we can stay in touch.
Con: Can't you answer your phone every time I call? What, are you busy or something!

Just think, when this is all over, you will never take your soft bed for granted again! Wait...did you ever take it for granted? Scratch that. Let's just say that wonderful relationship you had with your bed will be even better! Absence makes the heart grow fonder, you know.

marianne said...

Lana,
All I can say is I love your gutz! Seriously, move in already and bring that girl home! Ok , I know it will be a few months , but, there is starting to be this beautiful light at the end of this tunnel!
Marianne
ps.... yesterday while watching Ty and Carly for a little bit, Ty Ty was watching me put foundation on, to which he asked: Mare, what are you doing?
I replied: I am putting on my make up.
Ty replies:Well, MY mom only puts make up on her EYEBALLS AND LIPS!!!!-sooo cute!

Ashley Wray said...

Too funny/gross, who knows whose hair that is!?! Gag! Looking on the bright side is certainly one of your strong points! Love the list, so keep them coming. And yay for morphine, seriously what else do you need when you've got Disney Channel 24/7 and high quality narcotics? Hang in there, we love you both!

Chelsie said...

I love your attitude! You always make me feel so much better about life. You make me laugh. I love it!

Jami said...

Hi, Lana! Remember me? I got to take care of Emma last weekend but you were home and dad was on duty. Emma gave me her blog site and I linked to this one. Love this post! You and Emma both are an inspiration to me. I wasn't kidding when I took care of you guys back in February - I want to be like you when I "grow up"!!