Be the change you want to see in the world...

Synopsis of Us

Lisa is au natural. She likes to have babies at home and drink slimy green liquids with large amounts of earth in them. She loves the quacks and we love her. If you are ailing, just call Lisa. She will doctor you up!

Melanie is a little bundle of energy. She's very peppy and always bouncing around. Do not drive with her. She tends to talk and visit and not watch the road. Cuts a mean hair-do!

Sarah is crazy! She loves Diet Pepsi (too much). The group photographer with many free photo shoots for her friends. Many questionable eating habits that we all ignore, hopefully they don't kill her.

Emily is an overachiever. She never sleeps and wakes up way too early so she can pratice music with her kids. She loves the earthy green drink too. Be careful, she will try to poison you with sugar-free goodies.

Jen is a dental hygienist. If you want to know which kind of gum to chew (to xylitol or not to xylitol, this is the question) she'll know.

Lana is full of crap! Literally, her house is full of crap! Yes, just stuff. If you ever need any random thing, pretty sure it's in her house... somewhere. Very competitive, don't coach children's athletics with her.

Adria is straightforward. She pretty much says it like it is. She is our community sex-ed advisor. Any questions, just ask her, she knows it all.

Marianne (one of the tall, leggy blonds) is amazing! She graduated from college while taking care of her four children and working to save the entire Chinese orphan population.

Marilyn is a perfectionist. She has to have everything at a ninety degree angle, if not, she's nervous. Hopefully this doesn't kill her. Likes to scrapbook, spends a large sum of money on this activity.

Stephanie (another tall, leggy blond) really likes to work out. Too much of a good thing is not a good thing. Nursing is her profession (not wet nursing).

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Movie Reviews

Spoiler alert: This post mentions who recently got kicked off of Idol. If you don't want to know, don't read on.

We have wasted away another few days here at the hospital. We have watched several movies of which I will give a report. Take my report with a grain of salt. Remember I am desperate for entertainment. Possible stars: ***** (5)

1) College Road Trip, Rated G: A dad doesn't want his "baby" daughter to grow up. Hilarious, laughed out loud on several occasions. Also shed a few tears as the daughter (Raven) went to college. It reminded me of when I left home. Emma said, "It's not like she won't ever go home again." To which I replied, "Yeah, but it won't be the same." Remember when you went back after you left the nest? So good to be home, but you're "older/wiser/something."
L*****/E****

2) Baptists at our Barbecue, Rated PG (Mormon show): I actually thought this was kind of cute. Emma didn't understand some of the religious exaggerations, but I thought it was a clever show. Super cheesy acting was its downfall. L***/E***

3) Wall-E, Rated G: Does this movie have a story line? I don't really get it. Emma says she only gives it two stars. I think it's weird. L*/E**

4) Sharkboy and Lavagirl, Rated PG: A boy has dreams that come true about superheroes, etc. Dumbest show ever. Lavagirl wants to be good and find out how she can be a better superhero, but Sharkboy is violent and angry (bugs me.) L*/E**

5) Ella Enchanted, Rated PG: Ella was given the gift of obedience as a child. She has to do everything she's told. I really like this show and think it's very funny. I think the end is lame where they start singing, "Don't go breaking my heart." "I couldn't if I tried." Blah Blah Blah. Then she rips off the bottom of her dress to find a miniskirt and go go boots. The director should've cut that part. L****/E****

6) Beverly Hills Chihuahua : Rated PG: A pampered dog gets lost in Mexico and tries to find her way back to So. Cal. Pretty darn funny. I love when the dogs talk in their little Hispanic accents. It cracks me up. L***/E ****

7) Everyone's Hero, Rated ?: Cute show about Babe Ruth's bat getting stolen and the little boy who tries to recover it. The bat and a ball talk to the boy. I recommend this show for both young and old. L****/E****

These were our latest and greatest movies. We are patiently anticipating the arrival of Bolt. It comes out on Tuesday, and I will post a review then (riveting). We are also going to watch Ant Bully.




Emma's counts are slowly rising. Today her ANC (which needs to be minimum 500) is 400. Hopefully tomorrow or Monday she will be at 500. This means that we will be going home (to Kaysville) soon. I am hoping it will be by the end of the week.

I don't know if I've told you this, but we will be living in Kaysville at my Aunt Karma and Uncle Koyle's house. They are on a mission at the Washington DC temple and said we could live in their home. What a blessing this will be for us. There will be very little traffic which means very little germs to get sick off of. Plus it's furnished and comfortable. I always remember going to Aunt Karma's house and thinking how tidy and organized it was. Plus, she is a fantastic cook and makes everything look so yummy (presentation is everything).

Wish us luck (and prayers) in the next couple of days for rising counts. Emma also needs to start eating and drinking. It's still not anything she's interested in doing.

-Lana

BTW: Emma and I had nothing to do with Alexis getting kicked off of Idol. We would've booted Anoop (which we call A-poop) or the blind guy. We think the judges are being soft on the blind guy just because he can't see. Waa! Waa!

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Too funny on the reviews! I have to say...Conner would certainly not agree with your review of Sharkboy and Lavagirl. He LOVES this movie and will watch it over and over...which is why I leave the room or make him watch it downstairs. I too am excited for Bolt. Conner actually cried when we saw it at the theatre. It's a must for our library!

Extraordinary Housewife said...

Good to know Bolt is a must see. Also, Ethan loves Sharkboy and Lavagirl. Gag

-Lana

Sarah Stokes said...

I can't wait for Bolt, but I have to tell you Savana still loves Shark Boy and Lava Girl -yuk, now she has BJ watching it too, I have never seen it all the way through, but I have heard it hundreds of times, enough times to actually hate it! TV - such a way to pass the time - huh...

Miranda said...

Guess what...BOLT is out NOW! I just picked it up from Wal*Mart.

PS...I cannot remember where I found your blog, but I've been following. My heart goes to you and your sweet daughter. Good luck.

Emily said...

OK, so I'm thinking that warning at the beginning of the post about who got kicked off of Idol might have been for me....considering the fact we DVR everything and watch it days later. Soooo, I really wanted to read your post anyway. I figured that by skipping all the reviews I would miss the part about Idol and who got booted. I went to the bottom to read about Emma and them WHAM! you dropped the bomb! Next time warn me or something, will ya?!

(Oh wait, I guess you did.)