Be the change you want to see in the world...

Synopsis of Us

Lisa is au natural. She likes to have babies at home and drink slimy green liquids with large amounts of earth in them. She loves the quacks and we love her. If you are ailing, just call Lisa. She will doctor you up!

Melanie is a little bundle of energy. She's very peppy and always bouncing around. Do not drive with her. She tends to talk and visit and not watch the road. Cuts a mean hair-do!

Sarah is crazy! She loves Diet Pepsi (too much). The group photographer with many free photo shoots for her friends. Many questionable eating habits that we all ignore, hopefully they don't kill her.

Emily is an overachiever. She never sleeps and wakes up way too early so she can pratice music with her kids. She loves the earthy green drink too. Be careful, she will try to poison you with sugar-free goodies.

Jen is a dental hygienist. If you want to know which kind of gum to chew (to xylitol or not to xylitol, this is the question) she'll know.

Lana is full of crap! Literally, her house is full of crap! Yes, just stuff. If you ever need any random thing, pretty sure it's in her house... somewhere. Very competitive, don't coach children's athletics with her.

Adria is straightforward. She pretty much says it like it is. She is our community sex-ed advisor. Any questions, just ask her, she knows it all.

Marianne (one of the tall, leggy blonds) is amazing! She graduated from college while taking care of her four children and working to save the entire Chinese orphan population.

Marilyn is a perfectionist. She has to have everything at a ninety degree angle, if not, she's nervous. Hopefully this doesn't kill her. Likes to scrapbook, spends a large sum of money on this activity.

Stephanie (another tall, leggy blond) really likes to work out. Too much of a good thing is not a good thing. Nursing is her profession (not wet nursing).

Saturday, November 22, 2008

I Believe

My beloved brothers and sisters, I testify of angels, both the heavenly and the mortal kind. In doing so I am testifying that God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face. “[N]or will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man [or woman or child] upon the face thereof to be saved.

Always there are those angels who come and go all around us, seen and unseen, known and unknown, mortal and immortal.

It's 12:44 am. Nights are very difficult. I am scared. Pray for many angels.

Thank you.

-Lana

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so glad I got to know you and Emma better the other night. We are praying for you guys and for angels.
Love,
Jess

Nichole said...

Lana, I couldn't believe when I heard. I still keep wondering if it is real. My heart aches for you. How scared I would be, wanting to be strong for my child and yet wondering who will be strong for me. The calm in the storm will come the big question is when (I know). I am sorry that this trial has come upon you. Many people are praying for you and your family. Please know Rex and I are praying for beautiful Emma. Try and keep strong you have that ability, you were blessed with that quality. I can't say anything that will make your hurt ease or your fears subside but know that I am here and you & yours will be in my thoughts daily and I will keep a constant prayer in my heart in Emma's behalf. With much Love Nichole

steph said...

Lana, I can't imagine being in your position. Know that I/we are praying for you and thinking of you often. I don't know why this has happened to you guys but I do know you will make it through. You are tough. You have been prepared for this in ways you probably don't even know yet. There are many people who want to help in anyway possible (suggestions welcome).

I bet you and Emma have already made lots of kids and parents laugh and smile. You have such a talent at putting people at ease. I can picture Emma and her beautiful smile and positive attitude. With that kind of attitude, I know you guys will kick this thing.

I tried to put the song "Angels among us" on our blog but I was unsuccessful. I just thought it fit with the situation. Last year at this time I believe we were decorating a tree for festival of trees and we titled it "Angels among Us." There are angels and I know you will experience some. I also know that you have been an angel to others and will continue to do so. Love you guys, Steph

Emily said...

Lana, my dear friend. It breaks my heart that I am so far away at your time of need. I will pray and pray for you. You are strong. Emma is strong. You will make it through. I will be there soon to do anything and everything I can to help.

I will see you soon. Give Emma a big hug from me!

Marilyn said...

Dear, dear Lana, I am at such a loss for the right words. You are the one who always does the cheering, now you need the support and I don't know what to say. How blessed we are to know what we know and believe what we believe. This is a difficult time and I'm sure as much as you don't want to hear it, it will get worse before it gets better but it WILL get better. You are a strong family with so much love. The Lord is aware of you in your time of need and sweet Emma also. My heart breaks for her and all that she will endure but you have taught her well and she will not be alone. You are in our thoughts and prayers always. We love you all!!!

marianne said...

DAMN IT LANA,I can't stop eating chocolate followed by tears and lots of them, for you and for sweet Emma!!! It is Monday night and I can't stop thinking about my trip to Primary Children's yesterday with Lisa. I wish I didn't have to come back to Burley.
I loved being with Emma and you ( oh and of course Jeff) yesterday. I know it was a rough one for Emma. I have to say that watching her sit up and demand "lots of strawberries" last night did my heart good. Good ol' oxycotin does the trick every time. On the way home, Lisa and I were talking and we could not deny the strong spirit that was there. AND miss Emma is certainly a fighter who WILL no doubt take this in stride as she tells the doctors and nurses EXACTLY how to proceed!! She cracked me up!!
Also, I had to mention one other thing here. The cure rate for this disease is 80 % or better said her doctor yesterday but HELLO..... that doesn't account for the PRIESTHOOD!! SO ,you go Emma and kick the freakin' life out of this Leukemia and we will be laughing, crying , cooking, cleaning, cheering and holding your precious, perfect little hand until this is over. OK, damn it, I am crying again. Lana, I love you and I will talk to you soon, if you will answer your phone when you can:)
Mare Mall

Lisa said...

Lana, I also KNOW that angels are with you and your sweet girl. I pray for your comfort and her recovery continuously. So many people love love love you and are doing the same. Your family has touched the lives of so many and we will never be the same for it.

I am so glad we were able to visit on Sunday. I wanted to share my favorite scripture with you. It's from 1 Corinthians 2:9 "Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

Love you guys! Lisa