Be the change you want to see in the world...

Synopsis of Us

Lisa is au natural. She likes to have babies at home and drink slimy green liquids with large amounts of earth in them. She loves the quacks and we love her. If you are ailing, just call Lisa. She will doctor you up!

Melanie is a little bundle of energy. She's very peppy and always bouncing around. Do not drive with her. She tends to talk and visit and not watch the road. Cuts a mean hair-do!

Sarah is crazy! She loves Diet Pepsi (too much). The group photographer with many free photo shoots for her friends. Many questionable eating habits that we all ignore, hopefully they don't kill her.

Emily is an overachiever. She never sleeps and wakes up way too early so she can pratice music with her kids. She loves the earthy green drink too. Be careful, she will try to poison you with sugar-free goodies.

Jen is a dental hygienist. If you want to know which kind of gum to chew (to xylitol or not to xylitol, this is the question) she'll know.

Lana is full of crap! Literally, her house is full of crap! Yes, just stuff. If you ever need any random thing, pretty sure it's in her house... somewhere. Very competitive, don't coach children's athletics with her.

Adria is straightforward. She pretty much says it like it is. She is our community sex-ed advisor. Any questions, just ask her, she knows it all.

Marianne (one of the tall, leggy blonds) is amazing! She graduated from college while taking care of her four children and working to save the entire Chinese orphan population.

Marilyn is a perfectionist. She has to have everything at a ninety degree angle, if not, she's nervous. Hopefully this doesn't kill her. Likes to scrapbook, spends a large sum of money on this activity.

Stephanie (another tall, leggy blond) really likes to work out. Too much of a good thing is not a good thing. Nursing is her profession (not wet nursing).

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Mutiny in Primary Children Rm 4408

So apparently we are in the protesting phase. She's NOT happy. This morning she had to take 6 pills and she gritted her teeth and screamed.

At times like these I go back and forth between trying to be understanding and loving to wanting to ground her. She's old enough to understand and to realize it must be done, but then again, who wouldn't want to throw a fit.


Today they had to change the dressing on her portacatheter (don't know if I'm saying it right) and I think that was painful for her. Bandage burns are the least of her worries, but they hurt.

No fevers for almost 24 hours which is a true blessing. They were so high and made her super uncomfortable and cranky.

The pee has gone back to it's original color which cuts down on the bathroom excitement, but we know she's clearing out the drug. Have I told you that her waste is a biohazard? If we come into contact with it, it must be rinsed off immediately. Which means I have to wear rubber gloves and make sure that Emma and I both stay clean. Crap, where's my HAZMAT suit? I swear I picked one up at DI.

Lots of well wishers and love. I feel it coming from every direction.

Many, many thanks.

-Lana

5 comments:

crazyshelbs said...

I've been praying for you and your family. i love you and your kids so much! so many good memories i have with them, like dancing in the living room all crazy and not caring cause we love each other no matter what. i have such a love for your kids that i can't even explain i just feel a part most the time. please tell Emma that i love her and i hope she starts feeling better. My Emily (silva) sends her love and prayers for you also. If theres anything i can do for miss Emma to keep her entertained i'll pull the young women together and we'll get some fun stuff for her. Miss you tons!
love love love ya all!
-Shelby Ann

Marilyn said...

How in the world do you stay so stinkin upbeat? You are truly amazing! Emma is sooo lucky to have such a great mom like you. Only you could help her see the humor in this difficult situation! You are in our prayers always. Best of luck, we will come see you soon!

marianne said...

I think I have a hazmat suit in my storage room........ oh wait, I need it to GO IN my storage room! I'll keep looking !HaHa
I just have to say, I see already the pink lining to all this .......trouble.I really did see black clouds turn pink this morning at sunrise right before my eyes and I thought of Emma and of you. It was so beautiful but of course my camera was with Jarrod in St. Louis:( Anyway,........ People are looking in, so to speak ,onto your journey to getting Emma better and they are already seeing a witness of Jesus Christ and the power of the gospel, and the preisthood, and of Angels, and lots of other litttle miracles. We know that Emma is front and center and will testify of Christ as it will be OBVIOUS He is there in so many ways as you see the daily miracles and tender mercies from Heavenly Father as Emma gets well again. Lana, you are THE BEST and Emma is lucky to have you. WE are blessed to have you in our lives. Now go KICK some LEUKEMIC BUTT!!! Oh, and we will see you soon! 5 more days right?
Mare M

marianne said...

Oh Lana,I almost forgot,,,, I have been calling you for a couple days ( what, are you busy or something??) but I had an experience to tell you about , that has come to my mind for a few days now that I felt I should share with you , since I can't get ahold of you I just put it on my PUBLIC BLOG! Yikes! Just kidding- no but seriously I put it on my blog . Check it out when you have a minute. Ok sistah...... hang in there and we'll talk soon.
Love your guts!
Mare M.

Adele said...

Lana- You and Emma have been constantly on my mind and in my prayers. I know everyone in the ward is pulling for you guys. Emma really is lucky to have such an amazing mother and family around her in this time. Let us know what we can do.