Be the change you want to see in the world...

Synopsis of Us

Lisa is au natural. She likes to have babies at home and drink slimy green liquids with large amounts of earth in them. She loves the quacks and we love her. If you are ailing, just call Lisa. She will doctor you up!

Melanie is a little bundle of energy. She's very peppy and always bouncing around. Do not drive with her. She tends to talk and visit and not watch the road. Cuts a mean hair-do!

Sarah is crazy! She loves Diet Pepsi (too much). The group photographer with many free photo shoots for her friends. Many questionable eating habits that we all ignore, hopefully they don't kill her.

Emily is an overachiever. She never sleeps and wakes up way too early so she can pratice music with her kids. She loves the earthy green drink too. Be careful, she will try to poison you with sugar-free goodies.

Jen is a dental hygienist. If you want to know which kind of gum to chew (to xylitol or not to xylitol, this is the question) she'll know.

Lana is full of crap! Literally, her house is full of crap! Yes, just stuff. If you ever need any random thing, pretty sure it's in her house... somewhere. Very competitive, don't coach children's athletics with her.

Adria is straightforward. She pretty much says it like it is. She is our community sex-ed advisor. Any questions, just ask her, she knows it all.

Marianne (one of the tall, leggy blonds) is amazing! She graduated from college while taking care of her four children and working to save the entire Chinese orphan population.

Marilyn is a perfectionist. She has to have everything at a ninety degree angle, if not, she's nervous. Hopefully this doesn't kill her. Likes to scrapbook, spends a large sum of money on this activity.

Stephanie (another tall, leggy blond) really likes to work out. Too much of a good thing is not a good thing. Nursing is her profession (not wet nursing).

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Many Thanks on Thanksgiving

With grateful heart I write this post to say thank you for all of your love and support. We have had a heck-of-a-week and it hasn't even been a week.

I am grateful for my family. The love that I receive from them.
I am grateful for my friends and the extra support that they give in time of need.
I am grateful for medicine and the miracles it can perform.
I am grateful for Emma and the extended "date" that we've had these last couple of days.
Mostly... I am grateful for my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. It is through the people listed above that He has blessed me. It is through the hands and spirits of His children that I am buoyed up and can continue forward.

My heart is full and my tear ducts are exhausted as I say thank you for everything.

-Lana

10 comments:

marianne said...

Lana
Bless your heart. Tears a'flowin' again...
Love you,
Mare M.

crazyshelbs said...

Lana i love you so much! hope you got my text. And i am so thankful for you! you've made me a stronger person definately. thank you for being there for me last year when i needed you. so i'm going to be here for you know whenever you need me just let me know if you need absolutley anything. send Emma my love! miss you two. love you!
-Shelby Ann

momma idaho said...

Lana,
Guess who got called to be the assistant achievement day leader!!i was so excited to work with you again I think we are a great combo. Don't worry about a thing- I think I can Handle it. Now about those tears keep em coming if you need someone to let them flow with you know who you can call!! I hope you know how much I love you my friend.. Please tell Emma that I love her too!! We miss you!
Love
Lori T.

Ashley Wray said...

Well I am thankful for such a wonderful neighbor and friend who has amazed me with her faith and strength in this tough situation! Hope you had a fun Thanksgiving date with Emma Kate (woohoo, I rhymed!)
Love you guys!

Holly said...

Lana, I'm so incredibly amazed by your strength. Keep your head up and know that we are all here to love and support you. Give Emma some hugs from me and the YW girls!

~Holly~

Emily said...

You know what else you and I can be grateful for? Our EYES!! I thought of you tonight when my eyes started stinging because of tiredness, and I thought how glad I was I didn't have contacts. Then I thought how glad I was you didn't have contacts! One less thing for you to worry about this week.

Sorry I didn't call back...my battery completely died. Hope you had a good evening and a yummy turkey dinner.

You know what I am grateful for? YOU! You know I love ya!

The Brack's said...

Lana:

You are something to be thankful for! Thank you for being YOU! I am so sorry that I called and bothered little Emma last night. I just wanted to let you know how much I was going to miss you on our little date early this morning. In fact, I am waiting for Geanie right now and could not leave until I checked on you. Emma said you might get out today??? That would be something to be thankful for!!!! I hope it is true. Well, she is here and it won't be the same without you! We will miss you...love ya!!!
Carie

Lyndsay said...

Lana- thanks for sharing your blog with us. Shelby and Sage were grateful to meet Emma and ask about her every day. Shane and I admire you and Jeff and your strength. Thank you for showing us and teaching us powerful lessons this Thanksgiving. We pray for Emma and your family every night. Hope she's had a chance to enjoy her DS. Our family is here to help if you ever need us! Remember happy endings exist- I married one of them!!
Lyndsay Jensen

Melanie Page said...

ingloLana you are so blessed with friends and special angels watching over you and Emma and your entire family. It is so amazing how strong the spirit is felt when I read your comments from those who truely love and are concerned for Emma and especially you Lana.Its hard to see such a good friend go through such a trial in life.You have my love and support.I think of you and Emma everyday.Your in my heart and in my prayers.Please call anytime if you or Jeff need anything. LOve Always Melanie P.

Melanie Page said...

Lana that inglo at the start of my comment,I dont know what the crap happened.I think Kynli pushed some buttons when I was sending the comment. Sorry. Love Mel again.